There are many users who are having problems accessing the Registry Editor on their Windows operating system. The error that they are facing states the following: “Error Accessing the Registry”. This type of error usually occurs when any users try to merge a Registry key on a Windows PC. While on the other hand, it can also happen due to corrupted system files. Hence, in this tutorial, you will learn how to fix the “Error Accessing the Registry” on your Windows 11 PC in the easy steps given below.
Fix: “Error Accessing the Registry” on Windows (2023)
There are numerous solutions to fix the “Error Accessing the Registry” on your Windows operating system. You just have to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to resolve this error or else perform a System Restore. You can check out all the methods given below to fix this error message on your Windows 11 computer.
How to Run System File Checker (SFC) scan
- First of all, click on the Search bar and type CMD.
- From the list, right-click on Command Prompt and choose the option “Run as administrator”.
- A new CMD window will open.
- In the same Command Prompt window, type the command given below and press Enter key:
- Finally, once the process is finished, you can restart your PC to get rid of this Registry Editor error on your Windows PC.
How to Perform a System Restore
- In the Search bar, type Run and press the Enter key.
- A Run dialog box will appear.
- In the same Run box, type “rstrui.exe” without quotes and press Enter key.
- A new window will System Restore will pop up, here click on the Next button.
- Finally, click on the Finish button and Windows will try to automatically restore your PC to a previous state where everything was working fine and solve the error message.
That’s all there is to know about how to fix “Error Accessing the Registry” on your Windows 11 PC. In the meantime, do not forget to check out our other guides only on TechNClub.com: How to fix Registry Filter Driver Exception BSOD Error, and 5 Best Free Registry Cleaners for Windows 10.