There is no doubt that video content attracts more attention compared to text articles. This is the reason why we see more and more video content on Twitter, YouTube, and other online video-sharing platforms. When you see some interesting Tweets that contain interesting videos, you will think to yourself, how do I download videos from my Twitter to my smartphone? Well, in this guide, I am going to explain how you can download Twitter videos on both your iPhone and Android devices.
Steps to Download Twitter Videos on iPhone and Android (2022)
There are many users who come across many interesting videos on Twitter that they want to download on their mobile phones. However, even if it is possible to download images, there is no way to download Twitter videos natively on your devices. Fortunately, there is a workaround that you can use for downloading Twitter videos on your smartphone.
Here are the steps to download Twitter videos on your Android and iPhone devices.
How to Download Twitter Videos on iPhone
The steps that I am going to explain below don’t include a downloader application that you can just install directly to your iPhone from the App Store. Instead, the method to carry out every time you need to download a video is to copy the video link from the Twitter app and open a website using Safari, Google Chrome, or any browser installed on your iPhone. Here are the steps for downloading Twitter videos on your iPhone:
- First, you need to make sure that you have installed the Twitter app on your iPhone.
- After that, also download and install the free Documents app found on the App Store.
- Open the Twitter app on your iPhone.
- Open and play the video that you want to download on your iOS device.
- Copy the video link or URL by simply tapping the down arrow on the right under the minute indicator.
- Now you have to select the first item of the menu Share tweet via … and then from the options that appear, click on the Tweet link.
- After that open the Documents app and click on the browser icon at the bottom right.
- From the same browser, open the savevideo.me website.
- Now you need to paste the copied link into the URL box and tap the Download button.
- Wait for a few seconds and then select a Download video file.
- You will be asked to give the video a name. Select Finish and wait for the download.
- That’s it, you just saw how to download videos from Twitter that you can play whenever you want through the Documents app.
How to Download Twitter Videos on Android
If you want to download Twitter videos on your Android device, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you have to download and install the app called Download Twitter Videos from the Google Play Store, which is available for free.
- After that launch the Twitter app on your Android device and go to the video that you want to download.
- After opening the video, tap on the Share icon at the right bottom of the tweet.
- Next, tap on Share Tweet via.. and then select Download Twitter Videos app.
- If it asks for permissions then grant it immediately.
- Next, you have to select a video quality whether HD for high definition or SD for standard definition.
- Now the download will start and once it is completed you can check the video in your Photo Gallery.
- That’s it, this way you can finally download Twitter videos on your Android devices.
That is everything you need to know about how to download Twitter videos on your iPhone and Android devices. While you are here, you might be also interested to know How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to Android Devices, and How to Share Files from Android to iPhone 13.