Apple Watch is known for the amazing features that it offers to its users. One of these features is the ability to sync and download users’ favorite playlists on their smartwatch. This means there is no need to carry your iPhone everywhere. If you want to listen to your favorite playlists directly from your Apple Watch then here is a guide on how to download songs to your Apple Watch.
Steps to Download Songs to Your Apple watch
You can only download a playlist on your Apple Watch. You can download songs from your iPhone and from your Apple Watch itself. Ways for both are mentioned below.
1. Downloading Songs on Apple Watch Using your iPhone:
You can download your favorite playlist from your iPhone to your Apple Watch by following this simple workaround:
- Open the “Watch” app on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on “My Watch” located at the bottom of your screen.
- Now, select “Add Music” under the “Playlists & Albums”.
- Here you can select the playlist you want to add to your Apple Watch.
You can also enable the “Recent Music” option to add a recently played playlist to your watch. To add your favorite playlist to your wrist watch you will need to connect it with Apple Watch’s charging cable and keep your watch near your iPhone.
2. Downloading Songs from Apple Watch:
The other method to download music is to download it using the Apple Watch itself by following this method:
- Open the “Music” app.
- Tap on “Listen” or search for the name of your playlist.
- Now tap on the playlist you want to play.
- To add to your watch’s library tap on the “Three Horizontal Dots” and select “Add to Library”.
- Now you can play that playlist with an internet connection.
If you want to listen to your playlist without an internet connection then you will need to download the playlist on your Apple Watch by tapping on the three horizontal dots and selecting download.
With this, you can now listen to your favorite playlist on your Apple Watch without carrying your iPhone. If you want to save your data stored on your Apple watch and retrieve it after some time then here is a guide on How to Backup and Restore Data on your Apple Watch.