Apple has made available new versions of its operating systems, including the update to macOS Monterey 12.1. This means that we will also get SharePlay, a function to hide email addresses in the email, and other improvements with the new operating system version. However, it seems that there are some problems with the new update on some Macs, especially devices with M1, M1 Pro, or the M1 Max. So, if you are one of those who are unable to get a macOS 12.1 update on your M1 Mac, here’s a guide to fix this issue right now.
How to fix unable to see macOS 12.1 on M1 Mac?
The final version of macOS Monterey 12.1 has been available for download on all compatible Macs since last week. But the update does not appear to some users with a Mac equipped with an M1, M1 Pro, or M1 Max chip.
On the same systems, the update does not even show up as available for download. For the moment, if your M1 Mac is affected, the only solution is to install macOS 12.1 Monterey via the recovery mode, should you want to do the update immediately.
In any case, there was a user who also found another workaround to bring up the update on his MacBook. Here are the methods that you can also try:
- First of all, open System Preferences and then go to Software Update.
- Once you have confirmed that there is no update available, leave the window open.
- Now, you need to go to Applications > Utilities > Activity monitor.
- After that, go to View > All Processes and search for “com.apple.MobileSoftwareUpdate.UpdateBrainService”. Simply Force Quit this process.
- Now go to System Preferences and you will see the 12.1 update available for download. Simply click on the Update Now button.
- In case the update does not download, just force quit the “com.apple.MobileSoftwareUpdate.UpdateBrainService” process again in
- Activity Monitor to start the download.
That is all you need to know about how to download and install macOS 12.1 on M1 Mac if you are not able to see it. While you are here, you might be also interested to know how to AirPlay on Mac from MacOS Monterey, and how to reveal Hidden Files in MacOS Monterey.