With the latest macOS Monterey, your Mac can also receive AirPlay content. Until now, you were only able to play AirPlay content from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac on Airplay compatible devices like Apple TV, speaker systems, HomePod, etc. In this tutorial, you will find out how to AirPlay on Mac using macOS Monterey. Follow the steps given below and also find out the compatible Macs for Airplay.
How to AirPlay on Mac from macOS Monterey
It is now very easy to stream videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using macOS Monterey. The best part is that you can also use it as an AirPlay 2 speaker. So, in this guide, we will suggest how you can use AirPlay on macOS 12 from your iPhone, iPad, or another Mac. But first, you will have to check what all MacBooks and iPhones are compatible with AirPlay.
Here’s the list of MacBook compatible with AirPlay:
- Mac mini 2020
- Mac Pro 2019
- iMac 2019 and later
- MacBook Air 2018 and later
- MacBook Pro 2018 and later
- iMac Pro 2017
Here’s the list of iPhones compatible with AirPlay:
- iPad mini (5th generation) and later
- iPad (6th generation) and later
- iPad Air (3rd generation) and later
- iPad Pro (2nd generation) and later
- iPhone 7 and later
Here’s how to AirPlay to Mac with macOS Monterey:
- First, ensure that your Mac is running the latest macOS Monterey operating system.
- After that, you have to simply use the inbuilt video player on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. For this, you can use the Apple TV app or Safari’s built-in player for streaming purposes.
- After that, search for the video you want to stream and begin playing it.
- Now, click on the AirPlay icon on the bottom right side.
- You will then see a pop-up with a list of nearby AirPlay-compatible devices. Here you will be able to find your Mac. In case you are not able to see it, ensure that it is unlocked.
- Finally, choose your Mac as the AirPlay device for streaming playback.
- This function can be performed on all apps that support AirPlay. If you are able to find the AirPlay icon, you will be able to stream content to your Mac.
That is everything you need to know about how to AirPlay on Mac from macOS Monterey. If you are interested in getting more information on the latest macOS 12 operating system, check out our other macOS Monterey Guides section right now.