Whenever you try to browse the web with Safari or Google Chrome on your macOS Monterey, a record of every website you have accessed so far is stored for future visits. The history is basically used in the frequently visited section of the browser, displayed every time you open a website. In any case, if you are conscious of privacy or just want to clear all this history, you can easily delete entries in the “Frequently Visited Sites” tab on Safari. Check out this guide on how to get rid of frequently visited Safari sites on Mac Monterey.
How to Delete Frequently Visited Safari Sites on Mac Monterey
Even if the Safari browser has many features for data privacy, it will remember by default the websites that you visit most often to allow you to access them quickly. A habit that could displease users who want their preferences to remain secret.
In any case, let us now see how to delete frequently visited Safari sites on macOS Monterey below.
Remove Frequently Visited Sites from Safari on Mac
- First of all, you need to open the Safari browser on your Mac computer.
- If the Safari browser is already open, then open a new tab from the File > New Tab menu or by pressing Command + N keys on the keyboard.
- At this point, click on the menu bar under Bookmarks.
- Then select the Show Favorites option.
- Then position the mouse cursor anywhere in the window or between one icon and another, right-click and uncheck the item “Show Frequently Visited”.
- That’s it, in this way you have finally removed frequently visited sites from Safari on your Mac Monterey.
Turn Off Frequently Visited Sites from Safari on Mac
By turning off Frequently Visited Sites from Safari you will be able to hide the area that displays all the websites on the Safari start page. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, you have to launch Safari on your Mac Monterey.
- If it is already open, then open a new tab and go to the startup page.
- At the bottom right corner of the screen, you need to click on Customize option.
- Finally, untick the check mark option for “Frequently Visited”. By doing this, the Frequently Visited section will hide from the startup page once and for all.
That is all you need to know about how to delete Frequently Visited Sites from Safari on macOS Monterey. In the meantime, do not forget to check out How to Get AdBlock for Safari on macOS Monterey, and How to Change Search Engine in Safari.