Meta (the company of Facebook, Whatsapp, and Instagram) has announced that 3D avatars will also be available for Instagram Stories. It was officially announced by Mark Zuckerberg on his official profile. There are also some additional features such as clothing that are being tested. The aim is to give as much personalization as possible to our characters. So, in this tutorial, I will show you how to create 3D Avatars on Instagram.
How to Create 3D Avatars on Instagram Stories and Direct Messages (2023)
Meta has recently unveiled new 3D avatars for Messenger and Facebook with more details than previous versions. Avatars are also available for the first time on Instagram (Stories and Direct Messages). This feature, for the time being, will initially be accessible to users in three countries (the United States, Canada, and Mexico).
In this tutorial, I am going to explain to you how you can create your own 3D Avatars on Instagram. The best part is that you can also use this avatar in Messenger chats as well as in Instagram Direct Messages and IG Stories.
During the last year, it was possible to use more expressive and customizable 3D avatars in the virtual worlds of Oculus Rift. Now, these avatars are also available on Facebook, Messenger, and for the first time on Instagram via apps, stickers, posts, messages, stories, and images of the profile. These new avatars are therefore multi-platform.
Here are the steps to create 3D Avatars on Instagram Stories and DMs:
- First of all, you need to open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS device.
- Next, make sure that the Instagram app on your device is up to date with the latest version of the software.
- After that, you have to click on the “+” icon which is located at the top left corner side.
- Now you need to click on Add new Story and then add new sticker by clicking the sticker icon on the top.
- After that, you have to select Add Avatar Sticker.
- At this point, a new prompt with an option of “New Create Your Avatar” will appear on the screen.
- Simply tap on create your avatar and this way you will finally start creating the new 3D avatar on Instagram.
And that is all you need to know about how to create 3D Avatars on Instagram. While you are here, do not forget to check out our other guides on Instagram like How to Fix Instagram Story Views Not Showing.