iPad is an ideal device to watch videos and photos and go through emails and notes, but when it comes to gaming, tapping on the screen isn’t that fun. But since iOS 13 and iPadOS, it is now possible to take advantage of your Xbox controllers on your Apple iPad to enjoy your favorite game. But you might be wondering how to pair the Xbox joysticks to your iPad. In this guide, I am going to explain to you how to connect the Xbox Controller to your iPad in detail below.
iPad: How to Connect Xbox Controller (2022)
You can easily connect the Xbox Controller to your iPad, but first, you need to know that old Xbox Controllers will not connect to the Apple tablet. So, first, you need to check the list of Xbox controllers compatible with your iPad below.
List of Xbox Controllers Compatible with iPad
- Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
- Xbox Wireless Controller Series X
- Xbox Wireless Controller Series S
- Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth (Model 1708)
So, the above list of controllers is supported by iPad. Now, check out the method to pair these Xbox controllers to your iPad below.
How to Pair Xbox Controllers to iPad
- First of all, you need to make sure your iPad has been updated to iPadOS 13. To find that out, go to Settings > General > About > Software Version.
- Take your Xbox Controller. Turn it on by pressing the Xbox logo button, then press and hold down the wireless enrollment button at the back of the controller.
- The light bar should start flashing quickly.
- On iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth. Your Xbox Controller should appear. Simply click on it for pairing to take place.
Note that the procedure is similar in the case of an iPhone. All you have to do is just update it to iOS 13.
That’s everything there is to know about how to connect an Xbox controller to your iPad. If you are searching for more iPad Tips and Tricks, then check out our other guides only on our website TechNClub.com: How to Put an iPad in Recovery Mode, How to Download Royal Rush Game on iPad.