Apple Pencil is a smart pencil that only works with iPads. Up until a few years ago, only the Pro version of the tablet was compatible, while now it is also possible to use it with the cheap iPads presented this year. In order not to miss anything new, in this guide, we will tell you how to connect and disconnect an Apple Pencil to an iPad in the simple steps below.
iPad: How to Connect Apple Pencil (2023)
Apple Pencil is as easy to use as a regular pencil, but with the benefits of an advanced electronic pencil. It recharges via Bluetooth and using it appropriately, it provides us with the thick, thin, or shaded lines we need. Below, you can check out the steps to connect and disconnect Apple Pencil from your iPad once purchased.
Connecting your Apple Pencil to an iPad
If you are not very skilled in making connections in very advanced devices like Apple tablets, do not worry, here we will give you all the steps to connect it successfully. The steps to connect an Apple Pencil to an iPad are:
- Go to the main screen and in “Settings” tap on the “Bluetooth” item and turn it on.
- Remove the cap or cover and connect Apple Pencil to the Lightning connector on the bottom of the device when standing upright.
- After the “Bluetooth Pairing” prompt between iPad and Apple Pencil appears on the screen, press the “Pair” button.
- After pairing is complete, you must physically disconnect the Apple Pencil from the iPad by removing it from the Lightning connector and placing the cap or cover over the Apple Pencil.
- Finally, you can start using your Apple Pencil freely in the best free apps for drawing and creating on your tablet.
Disconnecting your Apple Pencil from your iPad
Here’s what you need to do to disconnect your Apple Pencil from an iPad:
- Go to Settings.
- Touch the “Bluetooth” item.
- Find the part on Apple Pencil in the Info button or “i” button under My Devices.
- Press the “Forget device” button.
- Confirm that you wish to disconnect by pressing the “Yes” button.
That is all you need to know about how to connect and disconnect Apple Pencil to an iPad. In the meantime, do not forget to check out our other guides on How to Set Up an iPad for Child, and How to Factory Reset iPad Without Apple ID.