You may have noticed that not all contacts in the address book on iPhone have an associated photo, and the gray circle that appears next to the contact name may not appeal to all owners of a smartphone. If you have an iPhone, the problem can be easily solved, just add a photo to a contact by following these simple instructions. In this guide, you will learn how to change your contact photo on iPhone 14 in detail below.
iPhone 14: How to Change Your Contact Photo (2023)
If you have made friends with someone through Facebook, you will find the photograph of the person associated with the social network profile automatically included in the contact information on your iPhone. If, on the other hand, you have no social connection with that person, you will need to add a photo to the contact manually. Once this is done, the contact image will appear every time the person you have associated with calls you, as well as it will be seen when you type his/her name to send messages with your iPhone 14 iOS device.
Follow the steps below to modify your contact photo on your iPhone:
- Find the Contacts icon on your iPhone 14 screen.
- Select the person in the address book to whom you want to associate a photo.
- Click on the text “Edit” at the top right.
- The gray circle next to the name will show an option “Add Photo”.
- To add a photo to a contact, tap on “Add Photo” and choose between the two options: choose photo, or take a photo. Once the image has been inserted in the area dedicated to contact photography, you can move and scale it to frame it properly and when everything is set, click on Choose.
- From now on, the photo you have chosen will always be associated with that contact.
You can also add a photo to a contact on iPhone 14 directly from the Photos app, here are the steps:
- First, open the Photos app and then click on any photos and select the one you want to associate with the contact.
- Select the share icon at the top right of the screen and then “Assign to Contact” at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll through the address book until you find the name of the person you want to associate the image with and proceed as previously illustrated by clicking on the gray circle next to the contact’s name.
That is all you need to know about how to change your contact photo on iPhone 14. For more iPhone 14 Tips and Tricks, check out our other guides here: How to Take Photo from a Video on iPhone 14, and How to Delete Duplicate Photos on iPhone 14.