It is now possible to alert 911 on your Apple Watch Series 8 if you are in a dire situation at any moment. There is an Emergency SOS available on your Apple Watch that you can use any time you want. This emergency mode will help the wearer of the smartwatch to automatically call the 911 police service if they met with any kind of accident or mishap. In this guide, you will learn how to call 911 on your Apple Watch Series 8 with the help of emergency mode.
Apple Watch Series 8: How to Call 911 (2023)
With the help of Emergency SOS on your Apple Watch, you will be able to call emergency services like 911 very fast if you need any kind of help. All you need to check is that your iPhone should have a proper cellular network so that it can make use of the emergency mode quickly.
But first, you need to enable the Emergency SOS service on your Apple Watch Series 8, here’s how it is done:
How to Enable Emergency SOS on Apple Watch Series 8
- First, on your Apple Watch, press and hold the Side button.
- You will then come across a menu with some options like Power Off, Medical ID, and Emergency SOS.
- Do not let go of the Side button until it starts a countdown.
- Finally, emergency services will be called automatically when the countdown goes away.
- That’s it, the 911 emergency services will receive your call in this way.
- On your Apple Watch Series 8, you can also press and hold the side button until the sliders appear. Then toggle the Emergency Call Slider to the right side to call 911 services.
- You can also say “Hey Siri, call 911” on your Apple Watch.
- Open the Messages app on your Apple Watch Series 8, tap New Message > Add Contact > Tap Number pad, and type 911 > Create your Message > Send.
That is everything you need to know about how to call 911 on your Apple Watch Series 8 with the help of emergency mode. While you are here, you might be also interested to know similar types of Apple Watch Series 8 Guides here: How to Install Apps on Apple Watch 8, and How to Remove Apps from Apple Watch Series 8.