Many users reported the BSOD error with stop code 0xc000021a after recent Windows 10 updates. For the unversed, the full form of BSOD is Blue Screen of Death, which basically refers to a Windows operating system block. This stop error code occurs when there is an issue related to the running files of Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe and it will eventually hang the system and won’t allow you to do anything but restart the PC. So, in this guide, you will learn how to fix Blue Screen error 0xc000021a in Windows in detail below.
Fix: Blue Screen Error 0xc000021a in Windows (2023)
You can easily fix the Blue Screen of Death error 0xc000021a in Windows by running the check disk command or by running the System File Checker (SFC) scan. Below you will find both methods to resolve the BSOD error code from your PC and see if that helps you out.
Run Check Disk Command
It is very easy to run a hard disk check with the CHKDSK command to determine if there are any errors such as Stop code 0xc000021a. However, you may risk losing your data with this solution, so it is recommended that you create a backup before proceeding. Follow the steps given below to run the CHKDSK command:
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type CHKDSK /f /r C: (replace C: with your operating system drive letter).
- Press Enter the Enter key.
- Finally, restart your PC after the process is complete.
Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan
- Click on Start, and type Command Prompt or CMD.
- From the top list, open Command Prompt in administrator mode.
- When the CMD window opens, type the command mentioned below:
- Press the Enter key.
- Finally, once the process completes, restart your PC to take effect and then check that the error code problem is resolved.
That is everything you need to know about how to fix Blue Screen Error 0xc000021a in Windows. While you are here, you might be also interested to know How to Troubleshoot and Fix Windows 10 Blue Screen (BSOD) Errors, and How to Fix Black Screen of Death on Windows 11.