For the last few days now, The Ascent is available on Xbox Series X/S, PC, and Xbox One. The title, published by Curve Digital and developed by Neon Giant, nevertheless, suffered from some technical problems at launch. Today a corrective update for The Ascent arrived, as promised by the developers earlier this week.
The Ascent new update download is available with Steam
In the new update of The Ascent, players will find several PC-specific fixes and others that apply to all platforms, starting with the Ray-Tracing fix for those playing via Xbox Game Pass (that was previously only available with Steam).
The users will also find several stability fixes, several bugs and glitches fixed, optimized loading, and more. In any case, you can check out the full patch notes on the game’s Steam page and below.
The update for The Ascent is now available for Steam users to download, and Neon Giant said on Twitter that it will soon be available for Windows 10 and Xbox players as well, as soon as the certification is complete. Below you can see the tweet of the corrective patch. In addition, The Ascent also received additional difficulty options on the Xbox versions as well.
An update is now available for The Ascent on Steam, addressing items related to Stability, Co-op, Save Data and more.
FULL LIST: https://t.co/MlUHTymg8N
This same patch will also be landing for Xbox and Win 10 players shortly, once through submission.
More updates to come! pic.twitter.com/9Sdh9XkPQG
— The Ascent (@AscentTheGame) August 6, 2021
Recall that The Ascent is already available on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC. The game grossed over $5 million during its launch weekend.
Performance (PC Steam & Win10 only)
- Fixes to improve performance in DX12, also with Ray Tracing.
- Note to Players: on first running of the update, there will be a 20-25 second ‘stall’ on loading to Main Menu to allow some caching to happen before you play. This is a one time event.
- Ray Tracing is now available to Players on the Windows Store.
- Improved loading in of NPCs
- CPU performance mode for lower-end PCs
Stability (all platforms)
- Numerous instances of ‘one time’ crashes have been fixed in both Single Player & Coop on ALL Platforms. (some other instances remain, we are working hard to resolve these for the next update).
- Local Coop fixes where Player 1 and Player 2 have controller focus issues on certain menus.
- Numerous other crash-fixes have been made to improve the stability of both local and online Coop, including fixes when disconnecting controllers, issues when 3 Players start a new game, and fixes when the internet connection becomes unstable.
- Fixed an issue where in certain circumstances a black screen would appear at the end of Mission 12.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes it takes too long to return to the Main Menu after gameplay.
- Fixed issues where Area loading is slower for the Client joining the game after the Host is using the Taxi.
- Fixed some Weapon replication issues in Online Coop.
- Fixed some issues around cross Platform hotjoining where Clients had trouble connecting to the Host.
Save Progress (all platforms)
- Introduced a new system to circumvent situations where save files could become corrupted.
- Fixes to situations in Coop where the Host leaving the game could cause the Client to lose progress.
- Fixes to situations in Coop where Players may experience progression blockers in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where a Client’s items would unequip after a Host disconnects.
- Fixed an issue where a Client may lose connection when hotjoining a game in progress.
Gameplay (all platforms)
- Fixed an Achievement issue where you could unlock Main Mission and Side Mission under incorrect conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the mission objective during ‘Go To Grinder’ in Mission 2 would not update.
- The issue where multiple bosses could spawn has been fixed. e.g. Papa Feral, Megarachnoid (Spider Boss), Gun-Dolph.
- Fixed the Casino Courier Side Missions 1 – 5 where you could sometimes be unable to proceed due to missing NPCs.
- Fixed the custom camera for ‘Dark Horse’ Side Mission.
- Fixed the custom camera for Bartender in Stimtown.
- Fixed the situation where sometimes ‘Dark Horse’ could not be completed due to the NPC remaining in a frightened state.
- Fixed an issue where the Volatile Augmentation when used on neutrals had no effect.
- Fixed an issue where the Siege Mech in the Prison could despawn after a Player died.
- Fixed the issue where the Snooze Dealer’s Journal map icon was a white square.
- Fixed damage scaling on the Pocket Mech minigun to make it more powerful as you level up.
- Allows the use of certain augmentations while rolling.
- Balanced cost/cooldown/efficiency of Life Transfer, Neutron Beam and Overclock
- Fixed issues with PLUG Cyberdeck not cracking ICE 1.
Translation (all platforms)
- Lots of fixes have been made to address instances where English would appear instead of the correct language.
- Further work is continuing to improve the quality of the translations as well as further general bug fixes.
- Fixed an issue in Japanese where text overlapped in the intro cut-scene.
Assorted other fixes (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue where sometimes in Dreamworld, shooting SFX without enemies being present could be heard.
- Fixed an issue where the death-screen replaced the SFX & VO after defeating the Megarachnoid.
- Cyberdeck visible in Journal
- News now plays in the Taxi
- Film Grain toggle added to the Graphics menu
- Fixed the Dismemberer shooting SFX that could be missing for Clients.
- Fixed previews for Auto Turret and Pocket Mech in Vendors.
- Fixed Cluster 13’s Metrolink entrances collision box.
- Various UI fixes.