Capcom has revealed the target resolutions and frame rates Resident Evil Village will run with. This applies to the platforms of PS5, PS4 (Pro), Xbox One (X), Xbox Series X/S, and Stadia.
On the new PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles, Resident Evil Village has a resolution of up to 4K HDR with 60 FPS. One exception is the ray-tracing mode, which reduces the target frame rate to 45 FPS.
Such values are of course not achieved on the older consoles. Here it is up to 1080p/60 FPS Xbox One X and 4K/30 FPS on the PS4 Pro. The PS4 version will run at 900p at 45 FPS, while the Xbox One will run the title at 900p at 30 FPS. You can see the complete overview below:
Resident Evil Village frame rates and resolutions
- PS5 – 4K HDR at 60 frames per second
- PS5 (when ray tracing is enabled) – 4K HD at 45 frames per second
- PS4 Pro – 1080p at 60 frames per second
- PS4 Pro (when set to high resolution) – 4K HDR at 30 frames per second
- PS4 – 900p at 45 frames per second
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X – 4K HDR at 60 frames per second
- Xbox Series X (when ray tracing is on) – 4K HD at 45 frames per second
- Xbox Series S – 1440p HDR at 45 frames per second
- Xbox Series S (when ray tracing is enabled) – 1440p HDR at 30 frames per second
- Xbox One X – 1080p at 60 frames per second
- Xbox One X (when set to high resolution) – 4K HDR at 30 frames per second
- Xbox One – 900p at 45 frames per second
- Stadia – 1080p at 60 fps or 4K at 60 fps (Note: 4K is upscaled with dynamic resolution)
Resident Evil Village will be launched worldwide on May 7, 2021, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC via Steam and Google Stadia. The title is free to upgrade from PS4 to PS5 digital version and supports Smart Delivery for Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One consoles.
The second demo of RE Village has been also confirmed and it will launch on May 2 next month.