As it keeps on breaking the records, Palworld is currently the most popular indie game despite receiving backlash. Although there’s a long list of Pals to capture for completing your Paldeck, it’s easier when played with friends. If you want to know how to set up a dedicated server in Palworld, ensure that you have a Steam version copy. That’s because you can’t make a dedicated server with the Xbox or Game Pass versions.
Don’t worry, check out our step-by-step guide for creating a dedicated server in Palworld. So, here’s everything you need to know.
How to Set Up Palworld a Dedicated Server
To make a dedicated server, follow the below steps:
- Find and get your IPv4 address. For that, launch the Command Prompt console and type in “ipconfig” and scroll down to find the address.
- Download and install Palworld if you haven’t already. Also, make sure to launch the game on your PC at least once.
- Install the Palworld dedicated server on Steam. To do so, you must enable Tools from Steam’s Library menu.
- Press the right mouse button on the dedicated server (left pane) and select the “Browse Local Files” option.
- From there, open the Pal server which should prompt the following message:
- “Setting breakpad minidump AppID (followed by a line of random unique numbers)“
- Now, head to Palworld’s local files and launch the “DefaultPalWorldSettings“.
- Copy all the text starting from “[/Script/Pal.PalGameWorldSettings]“
- Head back to the local files and go through the following directory or path:
- In this folder, launch the “PalWorldSettings” and paste all the copied text. As you open the PalWorldSettings, here are the following values you can change:
- Once you have edited it, save and close the file.
- Head over to Steam and launch the dedicated server.
- As you launch it, you will prompted with two server options. They are:
- Play Palworld Dedicated Server: This option allows you to create a private server. All your friends need to do is type in the port number (8211 by default), and your IPv4 address.
- Open and Start as a Community Server: This lists your server as one of the servers in Palworld’s multiplayer lobby.
- After choosing either option, a command prompt will be launched.
- Then, launch the game through Steam to access your dedicated server.
- From the Main Menu, select the “Join Multiplayer Game” option.
- If you haven’t set any password, simply press the Connect option to start with your dedicated server.
- But if you have set a password, you need to type in the right IP address.
Each time you play on dedicated servers, ensure to launch Palworld and the command prompt together.
How to Join a Dedicated Server in Palworld
If you wish to join a Dedicated server of your friend or other players, you need their IPv4 address. So, follow the below steps:
- Launch the game and select the “Join Multiplayer Game” option from the Main Menu.
- Under this section, input the server’s IP address at the bottom of the screen.
- Make sure to keep the “:8211” with the IP address since it is the default Port number for joining the server.
- Then, simply press the Connect button to start with the server.
Disclaimer: Don’t share your IP address or other info with unknown players since it can put your system at a security risk. We suggest sharing only with your friends or close ones that you can trust.
That’s everything covered about this topic. If you found this guide helpful, check out our guides to find out what is the fastest flying mount, and explore more Palworld Guides in our dedicated section right here on Technclub.