Out of a wide range of passive mobs and creatures in Minecraft, Axolotl is an aquatic passive mob that is bucketable. This mob hunts down all the other aquatic passive mobs except the dolphins, turtles, frogs, and other Axolotls. But the best part about these mobs is that they grant you regeneration while not attacking you at all. Considering these mobs can heal you in times of distress, many players want to know how to breed Axolotls in Minecraft.
In our guide, you can find out the required food to tame or befriend Axolotls. Once you lure two and trap them, it’s possible to breed them together. So, here’s everything you need to know about it.
How to Breed Axolotls in Minecraft
You can breed Axolotls using a bucket of tropical fish. You can mainly find these mobs around the Lush Caves biomes. But before you tame and breed Axolotls, you need to build a secure Animal Farm with water in it. You must ensure that they are placed in a place they cannot escape from. It’s also worth noting that if these Axolotls are out of water, they can die.
So, here’s how to breed Axolotls in Minecraft:
- Lure the Axolotls using a bucket of tropical fish as mentioned earlier. You can easily find these fishes across the ocean biomes.
- Ensure that these tropical fishes are alive as Axolotls can only be fed living fishes.
- As you feed the Axolotls the tropical fish bucket, they will enter the love mode.
- Wait for some time until the baby Axolotl is spawned. You will also gain 1 to 7 experience points based on the rarity.
- This baby Axolotl can grow into an adult in 20 minutes.
However, you can speed up this process by feeding them buckets of tropical fish. The remaining growth time is reduced by 10% each time you feed an Axolotl of the tropical fishes.
That’s everything covered about how to breed Axolotls in Minecraft. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on how to breed and tame Horses, and what do cows eat, and explore more in our dedicated section right here on TechnClub.