Cyberpunk 2077 was released on December 10 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia and today a new patch 1.04 is now made available for the title. On the old generation consoles, in the respective basic versions (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) the title, as we now know, has several rather serious problems (so much so as to cause a loss in the valuation of the company’s shares on the stock market).
The PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X versions are much better, while the absolute best experience, in the console field, is guaranteed by the versions started in backwards compatibility mode on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, Sony’s and Microsoft’s next-generation consoles. On the two consoles just mentioned and on the PC, the title is not, however, exempt from a fair number of graphics and technical problems, errors which CD Projekt RED is starting to remedy.
The patch that updates Cyberpunk 2077 to version 1.04, available for download on every platform right now, should reduce (among other things) the graphic phenomena of pop-in and improve the general stability of the title.
In addition, the patch will modify the flashing effect on the brains, in order to reduce the possibility of inducing epileptic symptoms in the most sensitive individuals. Corrections have also been made to the soundtrack, where it is now possible to disable copyrighted music to facilitate streaming of the title on Twitch and other similar platforms.
The patch 1.04 dedicated to Cyberpunk 2077 does not yet introduce, unfortunately, support for Ray Tracing technology on AMD GPUs. Users will therefore have to wait a little longer to take advantage of this splendid feature in the new AAA title by CD Projekt RED.
Below is the complete changelog of Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.04:
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M’ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.