According to the latest leak, it seems that AMD Ryzen 7000 Zen 4 CPUs will be officially announced on August 29 with the availability scheduled for September 15, more precisely in the early hours of August 30 for Indian time. The company will announce all the dates regarding this new series of processors. Check out the complete details below.
AMD Ryzen 7000 Announcement on August 29, Launches on September 15
It has been leaked that September 15 will be the date for AMD to launch the next generation of processors based on Zen 4 CPUs. In any case, you should always keep in mind that rumors can be wrong, although in this case Wccftech strongly suggests that it knows the proper dates for the reveal of AMD Ryzen 7000 series processors.
What seems clear is that, whether the dates are correct or not, the launch of the processors will definitely take place before September 30, since AMD has confirmed that it will be in this quarter when the CPUs will be launched.
As per the records, the website has published the 3 alleged dates regarding the announcement and availability of the Ryzen 7000 series processors, they are as follows:
- AMD Ryzen 7000 Zen 4 CPUs announcement will take place on August 29, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET / August 30, 2022 at 2:00 AM CET.
- Until September 13, 2022 at 9 AM ET, the embargo will lift for the first reviews to follow up.
- After two days, on September 15, 2022 at 9 AM ET, the Zen 4 CPUs will be available for sale in stores.
Additionally, based on the existing leaks, these four Zen 4 CPUs will be launched at the same time:
- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, with 6 cores and 12 threads, and a 38MB cache.
- AMD Ryzen 7 7700X, with 8 cores and 16 threads, maximum TDP of 125W, and 40MB of L2+L3, is expected to be the CPU that is launched and not the 7800X, although this is not entirely clear.
- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X, with 12 cores and 24 threads and a TDP of up to 170W, and 76MB of L2+L3 cache.
- AMD Ryzen 9 7950X, with 16 cores and 32 threads and a maximum TDP of 170W, in addition to 80MB of L2+L3 cache.
5.19GHz all core
5.5GHz single core
The retail version may be even higher.
— Greymon55 (@greymon55) August 3, 2022
Along with its announcement and availability, there is another leak about the frequencies of Ryzen 7000 processors. According to the leaker “greymon55”, it was confirmed that the maximize turbo 5.5GHz will be exceeded in one core, in what is expected to be the Ryzen 9 7950X.
In addition, with the CPUs the X670 and X670E motherboards will be launched, but we will have to wait a few weeks for the B650E and B650. This makes AMD Ryzen 7000 an interesting starting point for somewhat higher-end equipment.
For the moment, if this release date is confirmed and taking into account what all the rumors say, AMD Ryzen 7000 will be released before Intel Raptor Lake, its great competitor. The leak that the processors would be released just a month earlier was already anticipated a few days ago, and the end of September is also being considered for Intel, with which everything seems clear.
So with this move, AMD Ryzen 7000 will come out beating Intel Alder Lake (12th Gen) in every field, or so it is hoped. But since Intel will also come with big performance improvements, there will be a strong fight between both companies, and nobody knows who will win. It only seems clear that AMD will take the crown in energy efficiency.