Are you wondering how to unpair your Apple Watch? Well, there may be various reasons for unpairing your Apple Watch. For example, you would want to unpair the Apple Watch from an old iPhone and pair it again with a new one, or else you want to restore it to factory settings and take it for service, or else you want to sell it to somebody else. In this guide, I will show you how to unpair your Apple Watch in a few simple steps.
How to Unpair Apple Watch in 2022
Unpairing an Apple Watch is a very simple operation that does not require you to have any kind of specific knowledge. You can try to unpair the Apple Watch either from your iPhone or directly from the smartwatch itself. Without further ado, let us take a look at the different methods for unpairing your Apple Watch below.
Unpairing Apple Watch from iPhone
Here is the procedure for unpairing an Apple Watch from your iPhone:
- First of all, you need to keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
- After that, launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Now, select the Apple Watch and then tap on All Watches.
- Press on the “i” (info button) which will be located next to the watch and then tap on Unpair Apple Watch.
- That’s it, you have finally unpaired your Apple Watch from the iPhone.
Unpairing Apple Watch without iPhone
Here are the steps for unpairing the Apple Watch without iPhone and using only your smartwatch:
- On your Apple Watch, open the Settings app.
- After that tap on General and then go to Reset.
- Under Reset, click on Reset and then tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Finally, if it asks for a code, just enter it for the reset process to start. Once it is completed, your Apple Watch will be unpaired with all the devices as it will be at the factory settings, without any account, and ready to be paired again to a new iPhone.
And that is everything you need to know about unpairing your Apple Watch in 2022. For more Apple Watch Tips and Tricks, check out our other guides How to fix Apple Watch Stuck on Apple Logo, and How to Set Up and Use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch.