Apple has introduced powerful new features and updates for the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max, and among these new features, the device also boasts a 48-megapixel main camera, but that doesn’t mean all the photos you take with the new iPhone will be 48 megapixels. In fact, you will have to enable the same feature on your latest Apple smartphone. In this following guide, we will learn together how to turn on 48MP camera on iPhone 14 Pro mobile phone.
iPhone 14 Pro: How to Turn ON 48MP Camera
iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max is the only iPhone model capable of taking beautiful 48 Megapixel photos. However, in order to enable this super-resolution/quality, an additional step is necessary, and in any case, it is not advisable to always keep the feature active. Here’s how, when, and why to take the highest quality photos on iPhone 14 Pro.
Here’s how you can activate the 48MP camera manually on iPhone 14 Pro and only in ProRAW mode:
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone 14 Pro.
- Then, navigate to the Camera and look for the formats.
- Enable or Turn ON the toggle for Apple ProRAW.
- Then set the resolution to 48 megapixels.
- Now go to the Camera app and make sure the RAW option is enabled and this is the only way you can take photos on iPhone 14 Pro with 48-megapixel resolution.
The result is truly incredible, better than anything you’ve seen on the iPhone so far. But each shot captures images at a resolution of 8064 × 6048 pixels and takes up a lot of space. We are talking about over 75MB per photo instead of the usual 25MB. So choose an iPhone 14 Pro with a lot of storage space.
Edit RAW Photos
The shots in RAW mode are automatically saved in a special Album that you find in Photo > Album > RAW at the bottom. To edit an image, select one and tap Edit.
There are many tools available:
- Magic Wand does everything automatically.
- The Thermometer checks the shade of white, warmer or colder.
- The triangle controls the sharpness.
- Triangle with a line handles the definition.
- The half circle allows you to control the noise reduction (great for a night or sunset photos).
That is all you need to know about how to turn on or enable 48MP camera on iPhone 14 Pro. If you are interested in more iPhone 14 Tips and Tricks, check out our other guides on the Best iPhone 14 Pro Max Camera Protector Case, and How to Cleanup WhatsApp Data Storage on iPhone 14.