How to Share iPhone & iPad Screen via FaceTime with SharePlay (iOS 15)
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to share iPhone and iPad screen via FaceTime with SharePlay. Find out how to do that on iOS 15 devices.
Among the various features of iOS 15.1, there is one that allows you to share the iPhone and iPad screen through a simple FaceTime call (on Mac you need at least macOS Monterey 12.1). A little thing that can be extremely useful in different contexts, from remote assistance to friends and relatives, to group browsing on websites and photo albums. And activating the feature is very simple: here’s how to share iPhone and iPad Screen via FaceTime with SharePlay on iOS 15.
iOS 15: How to Share iPhone & iPad Screen via FaceTime with SharePlay
Screen sharing is only one of the possibilities of SharePlay; in fact, its functions are much more sophisticated, because it allows you to perform the following things:
- Share Movies: Watch a movie or TV series on FaceTime and enjoy the show by watching it with whoever you want, in real-time.
- Share Music: Share your favorite music with whoever you want, right in FaceTime video calls.
- Screen Sharing: Share your screen and show web pages, apps, and files during a FaceTime video call.
- Synchronized Playback: Pause, rewind, forward or skip to a different scene – everyone will see exactly the same thing, both on AppleTV+ and Music and in other non-Apple apps.
- Sharing Songs in Queue: While listening to music together, anyone in the call can add songs to the shared queue.
iPhone and iPad Screen Sharing
To use FaceTime’s Screen Sharing features, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to start a FaceTime call as usual. If you wish, open the FaceTime app and tap New FaceTime Call, then select the contacts to add in the call.
- Once the contact is established, tap the SharePlay share button (icon with square and little man) and select Share my Screen.
- At this point, screen sharing is started, and all participants in the video conference will see what you are doing on the iPhone or iPad; the SharePlay icon will appear at the top left of the display, in purple.
- To close the conversation or stop screen sharing, simply reveal the FaceTime commands by tapping the SharePlay icon at the top left of the display.
And that is everything you need to know about how to share iPhone and iPad screen via FaceTime with SharePlay on iOS 15. Also, do not forget to check out our other iOS 15 Guides to find out how to fix Live Text not working on IOS 15, and how to change Safari background in IOS 15.