The PlayStation Store is the best way to purchase digital games for PS5. Compared to almost all online gaming stores, it is possible to be reimbursed for purchases, under certain conditions. For instance, it is not easy to get a refund on a PlayStation digital game that you have already downloaded or played, but if the game is faulty then there are chances of getting it reimbursed. In this guide, I am going to explain in detail how to refund a game on your PS5 console.
How to Request a Refund on a PS5 Game
First of all, you need to know that there are certain conditions that need to be met to be eligible for a refund on the PlayStation Store:
- You should request a refund for a full game, DLC, game item, or Season Pass.
- You will get only 14 days from the day of purchase to make a refund request, after this period you won’t be liable for a refund.
- The game should not have been downloaded and you should have also not started the download process as well. Or else, this will cancel the possibility of any reimbursement.
- If you have any type of subscription, you will also get 14 days for a refund.
Here are the steps for requesting a refund on a PS5 game:
- First, you have to go to the official PlayStation Store, here is the link.
- Now, choose the option of Request Refund.
- A new chat window will open, here you need to select Yes if you are the main owner of the account that was charged.
- Next, you need to select a reason why you would like a refund.
- After that, choose why you are returning the game.
- You will be redirected to a support live agent where you need to explain why you want to refund and along with that, you will have to give your PSN ID, email address, date of birth, and the name of the game you would like refunded.
That is everything you need to know about how to refund a game on PS5. If you are interested in more PS5 Tips and Tricks, then check out our other guides on How to Cancel Fortnite Crew Subscription on PS5, and How to Use a Keyboard and Mouse on PS5.