Sony has recently revealed the much-talked-about Project Spartacus, the merger of its two paid PS Plus and PS Now subscriptions. The new monthly, quarterly, or annual subscription service will be split into three plans, each with different prices and benefits. Check out the price, comparison, and release date of PS Plus Essential, Extra, and Premium below.
PS Plus Essential vs Extra vs Premium: Price, Comparison, and Release Date
Considering the latest novelty, there may be many who want to know what are the changes specifically between each PS Plus plan and, above all, the cost of each of these. The three plans in question are called PS Plus Essential, PS Plus Extra, and PS Plus Premium. While the first is the PlayStation Plus Essential which can be purchased today, the second and third welcome some very interesting news, which however does not make PS Plus a real competitor of the Xbox Game Pass. So here’s what Sony offers us with the new PS Plus.
PS Plus Comparison Between Essential, Extra, and Premium
PlayStation Plus Essential – Benefits
As anticipated, the PS Plus Essential includes all the benefits of today’s PS Plus. Check out the plan below:
- It offers the same benefits currently available to PlayStation Plus subscribers, such as:
- Two downloadable games per month.
- Exclusive discounts.
- Cloud storage for saved games.
- Access to online multiplayer.
- This tier does not involve any changes for current PlayStation Plus subscribers.
PlayStation Plus Extra – Benefits
In addition to the content of the PS Plus Essential, PS Plus Extra includes a catalog of up to 400 PS4 and PS5 games selected by Sony. Check out the plan below:
- It offers all the benefits of the PlayStation Plus Essential level.
- In addition, it offers a catalog that includes up to 400 of the most fun PS4 and PS5 games, including blockbuster titles from the PlayStation Studios catalog and from third-party partners. The games of the Extra level can be downloaded.
PlayStation Plus Premium – Benefits
Finally, the third and final plan of the new PS Plus includes not only the benefits of the PS Plus Essential and Extra plans, but also PS3 games available through the cloud and a catalog of great classics. Check out the plan below:
- Offers all the benefits of the Essential and Extra levels
- Plus, it includes up to 340 additional games, including:
- PS3 games are available via cloud streaming.
- A catalog of great classics, available in both streaming and download, from the original generations of PlayStation, PS2, and PSP.
- Offers cloud streaming access to original PlayStation, PS2, PSP, and PS4 games available in Extra and Premium tiers in markets where
- PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream play using PS4 and PS5 consoles and PC.
- Trial versions of limited-time games will also be available in this tier, to allow customers to try out some games before purchasing them.
What is the price of PS Plus Essential, Extra, and Premium?
Sony has made it known that the price of the PS Plus Essential will remain unchanged from that of the current PS Plus. With Extra the price rises slightly, while Premium will lead us to pay a good amount of $ 17.99 per month in the United States.
PS Plus Essential Price:
- United States
- $9.99 per month/$24.99 every three months/$59.99 per year
- €8.99 per month/€24.99 every three months/€59.99 per year
- £6.99 per month/£19.99 every three months/£49.99 per year
¥850 per month/¥2,150 every three months/¥5,143 per year
PS Plus Extra Price:
- United States
- $14.99 per month/$39.99 every three months/$99.99 per year
- €13.99 per month/€39.99 every three months/€99.99 per year
- £10.99 per month/£31.99 every three months/£83.99 per year
- ¥1,300 per month/¥3,600 every three months/¥8,600 per year
PS Plus Premium Price:
- United States
- $17.99 per month/$49.99 every three months/$119.99 per year
- €16.99 per month/€49.99 every three months/€119.99 per year
- £13.49 per month/£39.99 every three months/£99.99 per year
- ¥1,550 per month/¥4,300 every three months/¥10,250 per year
What is the Release Date of the New PS Plus Essential, Extra, and Premium?
While there is no specific release date of PS Plus Essential, Extra, and Premium yet, Sony has said that the first tests in several Asian markets will start in June 2022, followed by North America, Europe, and the remaining regions of the world where PlayStation Plus is available.
“We aim to have most PlayStation Network territories live with our new PlayStation Plus game subscription service by the end of the first half of 2022,” explains Sony on its official blog. “We also plan to expand our cloud streaming benefit to additional markets, and will provide more details at a later date.” More information on the new PS Plus will be provided later.
That is everything you need to know about the differences between PS Plus Essential vs Extra vs Premium and their prices. In the meantime, check out the PS Plus April 2022 Free Games for PS5 & PS4 now.