Many Windows 10 users have recently discovered that an audio driver named Nahimic has been installed on their device. The driver is designed to improve your audio experience in your system; however, several users have reported that the Nahimic Companion software crashes on them and that the driver stops working at any time. It’s not easy to uninstall the software, which could come as a surprise to many considering it was included with the latest Windows 10 update. Nahimic will reinstall itself every time you uninstall it, much to your surprise. So let’s have a look at what Nahimic Companion is and how to remove it from your computer today.
What is Nahimic Companion?
Nahimic Companion is the app that comes pre-loaded with Nahimic drivers or will be installed as part of Windows Update on your device. Since the firm is only releasing drivers for a small few who are actively working with them, the Companion software will not be open to all Windows 10 consumers. If you have either motherboards or own laptops and devices from MSI, Aorus, ASRock, Dell, Machenike, or ThundeRobot, you have a good chance of receiving the app. The audio driver has a lot of cool features until it starts crashing or stops working in the middle of a movie/game. Nahimic Companion is tough to remove from your PC.
Nahimic’s impressive sound technology supports up to high-definition 7.1 audio, which increases the audio and speech quality of your gaming computer. They have advanced algorithms such as the Sound Tracker, which is a visual indicator that indicates where the most common sounds in a game originate. While playing games, the Sound Tracker is shown on the top screen. All of these awesome Nahimic effects are available in any audio system with any networking, such as HDMI, audio jack, Bluetooth, and so on. They have two primary algorithms for microphone chats: Voice Stabilizer and Static Noise Suppression. The audio driver has a lot of cool features before it crashes or stops working.
How to Remove Nahimic Companion From Your PC?
The easiest way to remove Nahimic Companion is by simply opening the Nahimic from your search bar and click on “Run Companion at Startup” to disable it from running the next time you restart your PC. This is clearly the easy method if you don’t want to fiddle with any system data files.
But if you want to completely uninstall and remove the Nahimic audio drivers & delete Companion software from your PC, you need to:
- Use Win+R to open Run.
- Type in “MSConfig“.
- From the newly opened System Configuration menu, go to the Services tab.
- Here on the bottom left-hand side, you will need to tick on the “Hide all Microsoft services“.
- This will make it easier for you to find the Nahimic services from the remaining list of options.
- You can click on the Services Cell to sort all options in alphabetical order.
- Now untick the Nahimic service and click on Apply and then the OK button.
- Open “This PC” right-click anywhere inside the folder and select “Properties“.
- From the newly opened System menu, click on “Device Manager” from the left-hand side.
- Expand Sounds, video, and game controllers.
- Delete or disable the “Nahimic mirroring device“.
- If your audio is not playing for your media and games then update your main audio driver.
- Also, make sure to change the updates to manual instead of automatic to avoid the reinstallation of Nahimic drivers.
That’s everything you need to know about how to uninstall and remove Nahimic Companion from your PC. And for all the latest Tech guides, check out our Guides section on TechNclub.