There might be instances when you would need to play the content on your iPhone to a smart TV. This is possible with the help of a screen mirroring feature. This feature helps users to mirror the screen on their smartphone to a big screen, such as smart TV. There are a few ways you can mirror your iPhone screen to a smart TV and this guide has all the details for the same.
iPhone: How to Mirror Screen to a Smart TV
You can mirror your iPhone screen to a smart TV either using an HDMI cable or using the Airplay feature to connect wirelessly and here’s how you can do it:
1. Using HDMI cable
Using the HDMI cable, you can mirror your iPhone to your smart TV by following these steps:
- Firstly, you need to connect a compatible adapter to your iPhone lightning cable or USB port.
- At the same time connect the other end of the adapter to the HDMI port of your smart TV.
- Lastly, you will need to switch to the correct output source on your smart TV to start mirroring your iPhone.
2. Using AirPlay
If you don’t have a compatible HDMI cable, you can use the AirPlay feature to mirror your iPhone. However, for this method to work your smart TV must be AirPlay compatible. If your device is AirPlay compatible, here’s how you can mirror your iPhone:
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone by swiping down from the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the Control Center, tap the ‘Screen mirror’ tile which is represented by two squares.
- Then select your device name from the list that appears on your screen.
- A passcode will appear on your TV screen, enter it on your iPhone to connect.
- Your iPhone screen will immediately start casting on your TV.
- You can now stream the contents of your iPhone on your smart TV.
That’s everything covered how to mirror an iPhone screen to a smart TV. Also, check out our other guides, such as How to clone an old iPhone to a new one or How to share location on iPhone.