Nowadays, users receive a lot of marketing messages or unwanted messages which are of no use to them. This makes it difficult for users to look for messages which are important. Marking your messages as read is one of the best ways to keep track of important messages which you receive in your inbox. This is a time-saving method in which you don’t have to read through all the messages individually. So, how can you mark texts on Google Messages as read? Check out our guide below to find out.
Steps to Mark Messages as Read in Google Messages
There are two ways through which you can get rid of unread messages in Google Messages. In the first way, you can manually select the messages you want to mark as read. The second way allows you to mark all the messages that you have received as read. Follow the steps given below:
Individually Marking Messages
- Go to Google Messages on your device.
- Long press on the conversation you want to select it.
- Then select the other conversations from the inbox.
- Tap on the three dots icon at your screen’s top right corner.
- Then select the ‘Mark as read’ option.
- Now all your selected messages will be marked as read.
Marking All Messages as Read
- Open Google Messages.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner of your screen.
- Then select the ‘Mark all as read’ option.
4. All the unread messages in your inbox will now be marked as read.
Marking your messages as read is very important if you want to keep your inbox neat and organized. So make sure you keep marking all the unwanted messages you receive as read.
That’s all covered on how to mark messages as read in Google Messages. If you liked this article then check out our guide on How to Turn Off RCS Chats from Google Messages on Android?