Unlike any other Android operating system version launched in the previous years, Google launched its new Android 13 Beta OS for Google Pixel phones. Google has launched the new Android OS for Google Pixel 4, 4XL, 4a, 4a (5G), 5, 5a, 6, and 6 Pro. If you want to try the new Android 13 Beta on your smartphone, here is a simple guide on how to install Android 13 on Google Pixel.
Steps to Install Android 13 on Google Pixel
Before starting the installation process of Android 13 Beta on your Google Pixel, it is necessary to take a backup of your data stored on the phone. You will also need a computer if your Bootloader is not unlocked, since this is a beta version that has many bugs that may affect your data. After taking the backup, you can follow these simple steps to install the beta version of Android 13.
- First of all, install the ADB or SDK tool on your computer.
- Download the Android 13 beta OTA file for your model from our guide on how to install Android 13 Beta on your computer.
- After downloading the file, copy or move the file to the location where you installed the ADB, or to an easy-to-access folder.
- Now, on your Google Pixel phone go to Settings > About Phone > tap the build number 7 times to enable “Developer Option”.
- Shut down your phone then press the Power button and Volume down button to open the bootloader menu and navigate to the Reboot Recovery through Volume button.
- You can do this through your PC by opening the Command Prompt and typing “adb reboot bootloader” (Without Quotes).
- You will see “No command” on your screen.
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button for a second to enter Recovery Mode.
- Use the Volume Button to scroll down and select “Apply Update from ADB” and select the option using Power Button.
- Open that easy-to-access file or the file location where you saved the OTA file and the SDK tool and type CMD in the search bar to open Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt, you need to type adb devices to check whether your Google Pixel phone is successfully connected to your computer.
- Once checked, type adb sideload <the file location you saved the file and tool>.zip and press Enter. This will start installing the new Android 13 beta version on your Google Pixel Phone.
After your phone starts again, the new Android 13 Beta will be installed and you can test and experience the new OS.
These are all the steps you need to know to install Android 13 Beta on your Google Pixel Phone. If you want to install Android 13 Beta on the OnePlus 10 Pro, do look at our guide for How to Install Android 13 Beta on OnePlus 10 Pro.