As you very well know, the Apple Watch does not have a large display and, for this reason, the readability of different apps with the default settings is not exactly at the highest level. Compared to the iPhone and iPad, the Apple Watch has a very small touch screen, and in some situations, the default font size could compromise legibility a bit. Thankfully, the technicians of the Cupertino house have foreseen the possibility of customizing the font size of the applications and of the watchOS operating system, so as to improve readability. In this detailed guide, we will explain how to increase the text size of the Apple watch.
How to Increase Text Size on Apple Watch (2023)
To increase the font size on your Apple Watch, follow the steps given below.
- First, make sure you are on the Home screen of the Apple Watch.
- If, however, an application is still open, then press the Digital Crown once to instantly return to the main screen of the smartwatch (the one that has all the small circular icons).
- At this point tap on Settings, wait for the new screen to load, and scroll down the list until you find the “Display & Brightness” and then “Text Size” item.
- Inside you will find the button to activate the bold text, a solution that allows you to improve readability immediately. If this isn’t enough, then press the “Text Size” button and drag the slider to the right until you get a font of the desired size.
As Apple itself points out, applications that support the dynamic font will adapt to your selected reading size. The best thing is that most Apple Watch apps natively support the dynamic font, so there shouldn’t be any problem with that. If the fonts of some apps are still small, the only thing is to wait for a program update, or alternatively look for another application. The choice in the App Store is not lacking at all.
Adjust the size of text on the Apple Watch
To make text easier to read on Apple Watch, you can use bold fonts and adjust the size of displayed text anywhere dynamic font is supported, such as the Settings app.
Turn on grayscale
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Apple Watch”, go to General > Accessibility, then turn on “Greyscale”.
- To apply the changes, restart the Apple Watch.
Adjust text size
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Enter Display & Brightness and then Brightness & Text > Size, then rotate the Digital Crown to adjust the setting.
That’s everything you need to know about how to increase text size on Apple Watch. While you are here, you might be also interested to read our other Apple Watch Guides only on our website TechNClub.com.