Hulu is a streaming platform similar to NetFlix or Disney Plus that allows users to watch popular TV shows, movies, etc in streaming mode. Hulu app is available for most of the platforms, such as Android, iOS, Apple TV as well as Android TVs. But lately, some Apple TV 3rd Gen users have made some complaints that the Hulu app on their TV has vanished all of a sudden. So, in this guide, you will learn how to fix or restore the Hulu app on Apple TV that just disappeared.
Why Hulu app Disappeared from my Apple TV? How to Fix or Restore
According to the support document listed on the official Hulu website, it is confirmed that Hulu will no longer be supported on the Apple TV 3rd generation or below television models. Hulu app will now only work with Apple TV (4th generation) and Apple TV 4K.
Other than that, what you can do is try some workaround given below and see if your Apple TV will be able to restore the Hulu app again on your Apple TV 3rd Generation.
Method 1: Reset Apple TV to Defaults
- Turn ON your Apple TV, and go to Settings.
- Under Settings, choose System.
- Here, open the Reset option and then choose Reset.
- The reset process will start, so you will have to wait for some time to let it finish,
- After that set up your Apple TV as a new one.
- Finally, try to reinstall the Hulu app from the App Store and check if it works.
Method 2: Update the Firmware of Apple TV to the latest one
- First, on your Apple TV, select Settings.
- Then go to System.
- Under System, open Software Updates.
- Next, select the option of Update Software.
- It will then give you the option to download and install the latest firmware update for your Apple TV.
- Once the latest update is installed, then launch the Hulu app and see if that is working properly.
That is everything you need to know about how to fix or restore Hulu app on Apple TV that just disappeared. In the meantime, do not forget to check out our other guides on How to fix Hulu Error Code 503, and How to Fix Hulu Not Working on Nintendo Switch.