There are many developers who use GitHub in their day-to-day life to upload their code repositories and distribute their programs to users in a secure way. More than 65 million developers and 3 million businesses are supported by the platform. Another advantage of GitHub is that it offers all users to download files and source code of any programs available on the platform. However, some users get confused in locating the download links on the platform. So, in this guide, I am going to explain to you how to download files from GitHub in detail below.
How to Download Files from GitHub (2023)
There are millions of apps that you can find on GitHub for your Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer. To download any specific programs, just follow the steps given below and you will get the files directly on your PC:
- First, you have to open the GitHub website, here is the link.
- On the top-right corner of the page, you will find the Search bar.
- In the Search bar, just type the exact name of the program or file that you want to download.
- Then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- On the next page, your searched app will appear at the top of the result if you have typed the correct search term.
- Select the correct app or file to open it, then on the right side, you will see Releases.
- Click on Releases to download the installer or the source code. In case, there are no Releases available, then follow the steps below.
- Click on the “Code” tab and it will open a dropdown menu called “Clone”.
- In this “Clone” menu, under HTTPS, click on Download ZIP.
- Once the download is completed on your computer, use WinZip or WinRar to extract the content.
- That’s it, you have finally downloaded the app of file on your computer.
That is all you need to know about how to download files from GitHub. In the meantime, do not forget to check out our other guides on How to Download Slack App in macOS Monterey, and How to Download and Rearrange Apps on Apple TV.