Did you lose one of your AirPods? Do not worry, because you still have the possibility of recovering the earbud by following this guide. Apple’s wireless earbuds are tiny and have no ties or cables. This is their main advantage, but also their small problem, because it means that you can easily lose them quite quickly. To fix this problem, Apple has added AirPods to the Find Me iPhone application. It is one of the best apps to use if you have misplaced one or both of your wireless headphones. Check out the steps below to find your lost AirPods, whether you have lost a single left one or the right earbud.
How to Find One Lost AirPod (2023)
There are many ways to locate your lost AirPods, one such method is to use the Find My app on your iPhone. This solution works to find AirPods, AirPods Pro but also other Apple products. Here are various important things to know before you start:
- Find My app can only interact with your AirPods when the charging case is open or when the AirPods are out of the case.
- The earbuds must be within Bluetooth range of an iOS device linked to your iCloud account (iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Mac) for the current location and sound playback functions to work.
- If an iOS device is out of range of lost AirPods, the Find My application displays the last known location.
How to Set up Find My app iPhone
- From the home screen of your iPhone, press Settings > [your name] > Locate or Find.
- Tap Find My iPhone;
- Swipe the slider to enable the Find My iPhone and Send Last Location features. Your AirPods, and optionally your Apple Watch, are automatically set up.
How to find your AirPods?
You have to launch the Find My app on your iPhone, or iPad (or from any device, online via iCloud) and tap on your AirPods which appear under the list of devices linked to your iCloud account. Next to each device is a colored dot. Here’s what each color means:
- A blue dot on the map indicates the device you are using to find your lost AirPods.
- The green dot indicates that your AirPods are connected. This means you can ring them or get directions to find them.
- Finally, the gray dot means your AirPods are disconnected, discharged, stored in their case, or out of range. You can see their last known location.
If your AirPods reconnect, you will receive a notification on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch you paired them to. If your AirPods are nearby, you can ring them to locate them:
- Tap the AirPods in the list to see their last known or current location. Buttons are located at the bottom of the screen.
- Then select Play Sound.
- If the AirPods are separated from each other, choose Mute Left or Mute Right to find one AirPod at a time.
Again, to make sound, your AirPods will either need to be in the case with the lid open, or outside of the case. If you have lost your case, with both AirPods inside, you will be able to see the last known location, but the Play Sound option won’t work. And if, unfortunately, you lose one of your AirPods for good, know that you can get a new one from Apple for a price of $69 USD.
That is all you need to know about how to find your lost AirPods, whether you have lost a single left one or the right earbud. In the meantime, do not forget to check out similar types of AirPods Guides here: How to Know If My AirPods Pro is Original Apple Product, and How To Connect AirPods To Amazon Kindle Easily.