Apple’s AirTags can help you locate any object with great precision, but if you want to sell it or give it away, factory resetting it is not so simple. Simply put, the quickest and easiest thing to do is to unlink it from your Apple ID, as long as you still have the AirTag near your iPhone or iPad. Although, you can also carry it out only with the device itself by removing the battery several times. Therefore, in this guide, we will show you how to factory reset the Apple AirTag in detail below.
AirTag: How to Factory Reset (2023)
There is no reason to factory reset an AirTag if you want to continue using it. But, if you want to use an AirTag that has not been previously unpaired, or someone has put one in your backpack without your consent, you can consider factory resetting it. If you need to factory reset an AirTag, you must follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to remove the battery from the steel cover by pressing it down and turning it counterclockwise.
- When it stops spinning, you can remove it.
- Remove the battery and reinsert it. Although, you can check the battery level of your AirTag. If the device is old enough, you could change it.
- Press down on the battery until you hear a tone. This tells you that the battery is connected correctly.
- Repeat the removal and replacement process four more times, making sure to hear a sound each time
- The fifth sound should be different; if you hear it, it means the AirTag has been reset and it is ready to pair again.
- Once done, the AirTag is ready to be repaired with the same or a different Apple ID through an iPhone or iPad.
That is everything you need to know about how to factory reset your Apple AirTag. If you are searching for more AirTag Guides, check out similar types of guides only on our website TechNClub.com: What Type of Battery AirTag Uses, and How to Fix AirTag not connecting with iPhone – How to Reconnect.