To maintain the maximum battery capacity of an iPhone, you will need to charge your Apple smartphone properly. Many users tend to charge their iPhones overnight, this might arise a question in your mind if it affects the battery capacity of your iPhone. The answers to such questions are covered in this guide.
iPhone: How to Charge Properly (2023)
To charge your iPhone properly, you can turn on the optimized battery charging mode by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap the ‘battery’ tab.
- Scroll down to the ‘Battery Health & Charging’ tab and tap on it.
- Now tap on the ‘Optimized battery charging’ toggle button to turn it on.
- This will slow the rate of your battery’s aging by understanding your charging routine via machine learning.
- Also, charging your iPhone below 20% can prolong your device the battery life.
- Another point to keep in mind is to use only Qi-certified chargers to charge your iPhone.
Does charging overnight lower your iPhone’s battery life?
Overnight charging doesn’t affect the battery life much in the short term. But for the long term, avoid overnight charging to maintain your iPhone’s battery capacity to the maximum. However, if you charge your iPhone when it shuts down at 0% often, it can affect the battery life. This is because the chemical life of Lithium-ion batteries gets affected when the battery drains.
Does fast charging affect iPhone battery performance?
The fast charging doesn’t affect your battery performance. Since iPhone uses a Lithium-ion battery, the aging criteria are dependent on the cycle number of the battery. Usually, these batteries can give you peak performance of up to 500 cycles. After that, the battery performance gradually starts reducing with every cycle of charging on your iPhone. In such cases, you might need to replace the battery from the nearest Apple service center.
Hope we covered all your questions related to how to charge properly on iPhone. Also, check out our guides on How to improve battery life on iOS 15 or How to fix no sound or text message alerts on iPhone.