Netflix has become the most used Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) platform in 2022 worldwide. There are more than 250 million people who watch this streaming service for its very wide choice of movies and TV series. In any case, some countries are better off than others. Indeed, the Netflix content differs according to the regions and countries in which you live. Therefore, in this article, I am going to tell you how to change the region on Netflix in 2022, in case the streaming platform locates you in the wrong region or you just want to check out other content.
How to Change Region on Netflix (2023)
As you all know, Netflix purchases a good part of its movies and TV series. Even if the platform has original productions, it could not have such a huge library on its own without the use of external producers.
After Netflix purchases movies or TV series, there will be certain conditions applied for the broadcast of these contents. In this case, the contract has some terms for the duration of the usage and also the geographical area in which the movie or TV series can be broadcast. This is called geo-restriction. Thus, a movie or TV series may be available in the United States but not in the UK, or vice versa.
This is the reason why many Netflix users search on the Internet on how to change the region on Netflix. After changing the region, it will be possible to watch many more movies and TV series on Netflix. Follow the steps given below to change the Netflix region.
How to change Netflix region using a VPN
I would like to recommend you to use ExpressVPN to change your region on Netflix, here’s how to use it:
- First, go to the official website of ExpressVPN and then click on the “Get ExpressVPN” button.
- It will offer three plans, just choose a 1-month plan.
- Enter the following details like email address, and credit card details, and click the “Sign Up Now” button.
- ExpressVPN will display a system-generated password. Click on the “Continue with this password” button.
- Click the download button. Then copy the activation code.
- Enter the following details, such as your ExpressVPN activation code.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Select your country. Click “>” to add a region.
- Select France as your region or your preferred one.
- You will see the connection icon. Click on it to connect to a server in London.
- After that, you can log in to Netflix and you will be able to watch TV series and movies available in London.
How to Change Netflix Region without VPN on iPhone
You can try to use the Smart DNS to change your region on Netflix without a VPN on your iPhone. It is very similar to proxy sites and you have to do a manual setup. Remember that your IP address will remain the same and you will have to add DNS server addresses yourself. Here are the steps to change the Netflix region on your iPhone using Smart DNS:
- First of all, contact your Internet provider to get a working DNS server address.
- Once you have got that, then go to Network Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Custom and Manual”.
- Now you need to enter the DNS server addresses that you have got.
- Next, you need to restart your network connection to activate the DNS settings.
- Finally, launch Netflix and access its library in your selected region.
That is all that it is to know about how to change the region on Netflix in 2022. For more Tips and Tricks on Netflix, check out our other guides on How to Watch Netflix Without a Smart TV, and How to Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5.