Square Enix confirmed the release of Final Fantasy 14 on Xbox consoles last year. While the game will be available in Spring 2024, the open beta for FFXIV has been recently announced. Thanks to the upcoming open beta, all the new players can try out the game. This will allow you to access a free trial version of the base game with no sweat. But what about its launch date? Don’t worry, here’s how to join the Final Fantasy 14 Xbox open beta including its release date. So, here’s everything you need to know.
Final Fantasy XIV Xbox Open Beta Release Date
The Final Fantasy XIV open beta test for the Xbox Series X|S will be going live on February 21 at 8 am GMT/ 12 am PT/ 3 am ET. It will be exclusively available to all the new players trying out Final Fantasy 14 for the first time as confirmed on their blog via Lodestone. Luckily, you can also invite your friends to join an online multiplayer game.
How to Join the Final Fantasy 14 Xbox Open Beta
Since Final Fantasy 14 is an online multiplayer game, you may need to customize some settings on Xbox Series X or S. You can head to the Xbox Settings to customize the following options:
- To start with, head to Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy > View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer.
- Over here, ensure that the following settings are enabled:
- Set Allow to the “You can join multiplayer games” option.
- Set Allow to the “You can join cross-network play” option.
- Set Everybody to the “Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites” option.
- Set Everybody to the “You can communicate outside of Xbox with voice & text” option.
- Once done, navigate to the Microsoft Store and search for Final Fantasy XIV.
- Visit the page and download the Free trial onto your console by selecting the options (…) menu.
- Launch the game after the installation is complete.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start with your game.
The free trial and the open beta for FF14 won’t require any Xbox Game Pass subscription plans. However, the full version of Xbox Series X|S will either require an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or a Core subscription to play.
That’s everything covered about the Final Fantasy 14 Xbox Open Beta and how to join it. If you liked and found this guide helpful, check out our Gaming-related content in our dedicated section right here on Technclub.