During the WWDC Event, Apple unveiled a batch of new accessibility features aimed at making life easier for people with disabilities. In particular, there is a synthetic voice concept allowing users to create a “Personal Voice,” which is available on the first beta of iOS 17. However, there are many people who are complaining that the Personal Voice accessibility feature is not showing up or either missing after installing the iOS 17 beta update on their iPhones. So, in this guide, we will tell you how to fix the Personal Voice not working problem in iOS 17 in detail below.
Fix: Personal Voice Not Showing Up or Missing in iOS 17
To fix the Personal Voice feature not working/missing or not showing up on your iPhones with iOS 17 update, you can try to change the region of the smartphone to the United States. Follow the steps given below to change the region on your iPhone:
How to Change the Region on iPhone to the United States
- First of all, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then press on your Profile icon or Name.
- Press Media & Purchases option.
- After that, press View Account, and if prompted, sign in with your ID and password again.
- Now, press the Country or Region option.
- Select the new country or region as the United States, and then check the Terms and Conditions.
- Finally, tap on Agree to all the Terms and Conditions and enter your payment method and address. Now you will be able to use the Personal Voice feature without any issues.
- For some, switching off their iPhones with iOS 17 completely and turning it on again after a couple of seconds fixed the Personal Voice missing problems.
- Other than that, you can also try to rename the Personal Voice accessibility feature to fix the not working issue.
- It was reported that the Personal Voice Not Showing Up problem started in the Developer Preview 3 and Public Beta 1 of iOS 17, but after updating to iOS 17 Beta 3 the problem was resolved, so try upgrading to the latest iOS version.
That’s everything there is to know about how to fix not working/missing or not showing up on your iPhones with iOS 17 update. If you are searching for similar types of iOS 17 Guides, check out our other articles only on our website TechNClub.com here: Which Devices Support iOS 17 StandBy Mode, and iOS 17 Voice Cloning: How to Create a Voice That Sounds Like You.