Waze is a completely free traffic app that evolves every day and stands out as the most complete, most powerful, and also the most popular GPS navigation application ever. It is rated by users as the most collaborative driving app and the one with multiple configuration choices. As such, adding Waze to Android Auto guarantees safety for all road users as well as driving your vehicle more pleasantly, more economically, and more practically. In this guide, you will learn how does Waze work on Android Auto and how to install and use it properly.
How does Waze work on Android Auto?
Adding Waze on Android Auto allows users to benefit from all the advantages that drivers in the Waze community share in real-time, such as traffic jam alerts, accident reporting, danger zones, location of police checkpoints, calculation of the best route, etc. Users also benefit from a revolutionary Google dashboard whose objective is to obtain an ergonomic, fast, and easily accessible interface to guarantee the security of everyone. Indeed, on Android Auto, voice commands are more numerous, the buttons are more visible and larger and the functions are available in one click. All you have to do is download the latest versions of Waze and Android Auto to enjoy your journey in peace and security.
How to Install and Use Waze app on Android Auto
If you want to connect your mobile device to display the routes of the Waze app on Android Auto, below we will explain how to do it:
- First of all, check that your phone is equipped with Android 5.1 (Lollipop) or later. For optimal performance, it is recommended to use Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or later.
- Also, check that your car is compatible with Android Auto.
- Install the Android Auto app on your mobile via Google Play and follow all the steps to start setting up Android Auto on your car display (with USB cable or wireless).
- Then download the Waze app, version 4.27 or later.
- Then connect your mobile device using a quality USB cable to connect Waze to Android Auto.
- The next step is to select Waze as the default GPS navigation app in Android Auto and then let yourself be guided.
That’s all there is to know about how does Waze work on Android Auto and how to install and use it effectively. In the meantime, do not forget to check out similar types of guides here: How to Download the Latest Version of Android Auto, and What Does Android Auto Do and How to use it.